Does your pet hate taking pills? Do they need regular medication or just the occasional dose? Either way, if they are like the pets we know, they probably aren’t apt to pop one with a big gulp of water like humans do.
Kriser’s stocks Pill Buddies, in both duck and chicken flavor, which are natural pill casings that help make those meds palatable. Brad Kriser and our Pack Educator, Jen, put together some other pill-popping alternatives for the finicky furbabies out there. Try mixing it up with these and your pet will never know what’s coming!
- ORIJEN Freeze-Dried Treats – You can moisten them with warm water and wrap them around a pill, or simply push the pill into a dry treat!
- Chicken or Duck Hearts from Fresh Is Best – These natural pockets are perfect to hide pills! If you need to hide a larger pill, just let it sit in warm water for a bit to allow for more “give”.
- Dog4Dog DogsButter – Who doesn’t know and love the old PB trick, this one’s just guaranteed to be junk free and perfect for that natural living pet.
- Plato Thinkers – Just snap off a bite-sized piece and push the treat inside. For larger pills you can easily make a “pocket” using a fork prong to create space.
- Merrick Sausages – This one is super easy to squish around pills. Just tear off what you need and squeeze!
Got another idea? share it with us on Facebook!