August 30th is National Pet Holistic Health Day, but we celebrate it everyday!
Kriser’s believes a holistic approach to our furry friends’ health is one of the best – and easiest – ways to keeping our pets happy and healthy year round.
Practicing Holistic Pet Health means working to keep your pet healthy in every aspect of his/her life – including diet, lifestyle, and environment. Here’s a quick guideline to some ways you can practice holistic health with your furry friends:
Serve high-quality food & treats
- Properly balanced, minimally processed meals with the right quality animal proteins
- If appropriate, this may mean serving a raw diet (See The Case for Feeding Raw)
- Natural pet foods free of corn, wheat, soy or by-products
- A few “Kriser’s Approved” brands include ORIJEN, ACANA, Fromm, Zignature, Primal, Stella & Chewy’s and many more.
Think about adding nutritional supplements to their diet
- Probiotics to help regulate digestive health
- Omega-3 rich fish oils, improve the condition of your pet’s skin & coat and to help regulate multiple functions throughout the body
- Immune boosting supplements like In Clover Spry and Grizzly’s Krill Oil help to protect the body from free-radicals and help regenerate important the body’s safe guards
- There are lots of other great health supplements, toppers, and mix-ins from The Honest Kitchen, Nordic Naturals, and Bixbi…come in to speak with a Kriser’s Pack Member and learn more
Mental stimulation is important!
- Exercise! Take your pick – running, walking, swimming, or a good ol’-fashioned game of fetch – these are all easy ways to keep your pet physically active
- Get outside to enjoy the fresh air and maybe make some friends!
- Use a high-quality leash and/or harness to keep walks enjoyable and safe
- Learn some new tricks
- Try out some interactive games like BarkBuster’s The Game Changer or the Busters Activity Mat
Holistic alternatives for pet disease prevention & management can be a great compliment to veterinary care and traditional medicines (when necessary)
- Natural alternatives like Pet Releaf’s CBD Oil which helps with pain management and much, much more (For more info, see …)
- Pet Acupuncture
- Massage Therapy
- Water Therapy
These are just a few of the many ways to care for your furry best friends in a holistic way, but there are lots more! Let us know what you do to keep your pet healthy on our Facebook pageand look out for our photo contest that’s coming next month that’s all about Holistic Pet Health!