HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
It’s Halloween time again! While everyone is thinking about making sure their kids are safe make sure you are thinking of the safety of your pets too. Halloween can be a dangerous and stressful time for pets but with the following tips you and your pets can enjoy this spooky season:
- Keep your pets indoors. While it might sound like fun to include your pup, kids running around with scary masks is the exact opposite. Your pup can get stressed and possibly even aggressive by all the unfamiliar costumes and people they encounter throughout the night.
- Keep your pets away from the candy bowl. Make sure if you are passing out candy that the bowl is up and not accessible to the cat or the dog. Enjoy trick or treating without your pup to make sure they avoid the toxic minefield of dropped chocolates and candy along the way.
- Costume with care. You may love the man eating shark costume you saw at the store but that doesn’t mean your pet does. If clothing stresses out your pet, skip the costume and try a Halloween accessory like a collar. Even better, maybe just ‘treat’ your pet instead to a Halloween goodie.
- Chill them out. For some pets all the costumes, the parties and constant knocking at the door is just too much. Consider letting them chill out in a separate room and using a calming aid to help them relax. Ask your Kriser’s Pack Member to see what calming options are right for your pet.
- Clean up after carving. Pumpkin carving is a ton of fun and your pets love to get involved. Pets love raw pumpkin so they love to see pieces flying all over but be cautious. While pumpkin is great for digestive health, too much can cause an upset stomach.
We hope these tip will help you and your pet enjoy the Halloween festivities. Be sure to stop in to your local Kriser’s today to grab some great Halloween items and even join in on any Halloween events in your favorite store!