Spring is kitten season, which means there are lots more adorable furry kitties just waiting for their forever homes. The American Humane Association has billed June as Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month. Why not adopt one? Or hey, adopt two! After all, cats need mental and physical stimulation and social interaction, and a partner-in-crime just means double the purrs!
As you prepare to bring home your new kitty, consider treating them to a healthy, natural life. Here are a few key items you’ll need, all available at Kriser’s (of course) to help make the adoption a success!
- Natural Foods with lots of moisture: Cats don’t naturally drink a lot of water, so most of the moisture they require has to come from food. That’s why you see so many cat foods with soups, broths or consommés along with delectable proteins. This month, one of our favorite brands, Weruva, is offering 20% off its canned foods, which are a great option for your feline friend. Also try other natural cat food brands like TikiCat, Nature’s Variety Instinct and Earthborn Holistic and more for delish options, guaranteed to satisfy. And don’t forget – Kriser’s offers a case discount of 10% off when you buy 12 or more cans.
- Collars and ID tags: Even if your feline friend is a house-cat, you will definitely want to make sure they are appropriately identified for their safety and protection. Plus a great collar can be quite the fashion statement. Check out some of our new spring styles from UpCountry for a fashion-forward collar, and pick out a great Red Dingo tag for your new baby!
- Toys: As we mentioned, cats need mental stimulation, and there are a variety of toys available at Kriser’s to satisfy just that need! Plus check out toys with catnip for an extra special treat for your kitty. One of our favorite brands is From the Field, which offers a variety of toys made from natural and biodegradable materials such as hemp, cork, wood and some are even stuffed full of catnip. There are even options to “refill” some toys with catnip or add catnip to regular toys.
- Litter box and litter: Every cat – at least every one we’ve met – needs a litter box. Be sure to check out the Petmate Deluxe Hooded Pan, perfect for any cat and every home. It discretely hides your cats mess and is easy to clean, especially when you grab their great accessories too. Fill your new box with the World’s Best Cat Litter, a natural litter made from whole kernel corn with no added chemicals or clays. You can be sure you’ll be using a litter with outstanding odor control and quick clumping power while protecting you and your cat from the dusty and dangerous silica powder found in most litters.
- Carrier: While many cats are homebodies, you’re going to need to take your furry friend with you at some point, whether it’s to get a nail trim at Kriser’s or to the vet or on a trip. For those moments, we recommend carriers from Petmate. Check out the Petmate Compass hard sided carrier in hot pink or island blue, with increased ventilation and double sided gate for easy accessibility no matter where you go. The Petmate Compass is also verified for use in airline travel (not for use in cabin).
Stop in today to see these products and many more to spoil your new fur baby. Happy adopting this month!