BBQ SAFETY FOR PETS
Throwing a BBQ this July 4th for friends? Want to invite your furry family as well? We have a few tips to make sure Fido stays healthy during the fiesta.
- DON’T let them get at those corn cobs. They can break and be choking hazards for your pet.
- DON’T give them the fat trimmings from your meal. Excess fat combined with an unbalanced diet can lead to painful or even fatal pancreatitis. Avoid it by keeping your pets diet in check.
- DON’T toss them cooked bones. The T-Bone or rib you’re about to hand to your drooling dog can splinter and break and cause choking or internal injury.
- DO buy a large smoked bone or raw marrow bone, like the ones from Primal, to keep your pet cool and entertained while you dine.
- DO cook lean, unseasoned proteins for your pet if you really want to. While we still recommend a commercial diet because of the nutrition contained therein, if you want Fido to partake in the fun, make sure you keep him added salt/seasoning/fat free.
- DO buy some ice cream treats for him or her to enjoy as well. We love the ones from Nature’s Variety (Sweet Spots) or The Bear & The Rat frozen yogurt treats.
Happy BBQing from the Kriser’s crew!