As you may have heard, ACANA and Orijen brand natural pet foods, are going through a production transition. They are moving from a Canadian factory to a new production facility called Dogstar Kitchens located in Kentucky, USA.
Acana is making the transition first, and Orijen will follow this summer.
Champion Pet Foods, maker of both brands, has been working tirelessly to ensure the amazing natural pet food brands retain their outstanding quality and biologically appropriate, regionally sourced formulas.
On your next visit to Kriser's you may notice some changes to packaging, product names, and some ingredients. All of the formulas – both old and new – are outstanding, and we are super excited to share them with you.
Starting in Spring 2016, these are the major changes you may notice to your pup’s favorite ACANA formulas:
- Produced in Kentucky, USA (rather than Alberta, Canada)
- USA Sourced Ingredients
- East Coast/Atlantic Ocean fish instead of previously Pacific fish.
- Slightly smaller package sizes; new sizes are 4.5 lb, 13 lb and 25 lb bags, and slightly different prices
- Regional formulas with more protein and slightly less veggies (now 70% Protein / 30% Fruits and Vegetables)
- No change to their guarantee of Grain Free, Potato Free, Tapioca Free
- They will continue to adhere to very stringent EU food safety guidelines
Stay tuned for additional information from us about the Orijen change.
Kriser’s is extremely excited about the changeover, but we understand it may be concerning for you. If you have a concern that one of our in-store Kriser’s Pack team members cannot answer, please contact Champion Pet Foods directly (1-877-939-0006).
In the short run, as we go through this transition, there is a chance of occasional out of stocks, but we will do our best to help you get what you need, when you need it. Our team is equipped with recommendations on protein rotation and other items to try in the short run. While it can be frustrating to not have what you need, please understand, there is only so much within our control during this transition. We will do our very best to care for your pets as always.
Please don’t hesitate to talk to your Kriser’s Pack about the changeover and what it means for your pet. We look forward to sharing the new ACANA and Orijen with you soon!