With summer fast approaching, you may be planning a road trip with your pup, whether it’s across the Midwest, to a hiking destination or a visit to the coast. Kriser’s Natural Pet wants to offer some tips for how to keep your pet safe and sound, and get the most out of your time together in the car.
- Pets in Back: It’s safer for everyone if your furry family member takes a seat in the back, harnessed in to prevent him or her from getting injured in the event of a quick stop. Plus, better to save those puppy kisses for when you’re out of the car, rather than when you’re trying to see the road. Check out the Ruffwear Load Up Safety Harness, new at Kriser’s, in sizes XXS to XL. It’s been designed to meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, while being comfy for your pet, for even extended travel. Plus it can be left on during bathroom breaks (though not recommended as a regular walking harness). Get your pet fit in store today.
- Containing the Little Kids: For the littlest of the pups (and any kitties), you may want to to try the Sherpa Pet Carrier. It has an adjustable, no-slip shoulder strap for durable support, padded hand carry straps and a rear pocket for storage. It has top and side zippered entry and a machine washable faux lambskin liner for your pet’s comfort. Even better, for when those road trips are more, it’s airlined approved with select airlines. See your Kriser’s Pack Member for details.
- Staring out the Window: You wouldn’t stick your head out the window unprotected at 65 mph, so why let your dog? We definitely recommend some fresh air, but be careful that your fur-baby isn’t hanging out the window too far, leaving his or her eyes susceptible to dirt, rocks, dust or other road debris. Let your pup have some space to sniff, while staying safely restrained in the seat.
- Muddy paws: Fur-baby making a mess in that backseat? The Ruffwear Dirtbag Seat Cover is a durable waterproof cover that protects car seats from whatever your dog tracks in. It can be used as a conventional bench style seat cover with leg access or used as a hammock style to protect the back of the front seats as well. Even better, it folds up into a self-storage pocket, and is machine washable, but cleans easily with a quick shake or wipe-down
- Mealtime: Got snacks? You’re not the only one who will get hungry and thirsty on those road trips, so make sure you bring a travel bowl and some snacks for your pet for the journey. Kriser’s has a couple of different travel bowls for your traveling pleasure. Plus, rather than feeding your pup the remnants of your food, pack some freeze-dried patties like the meals from Stella & Chewy and Primal. These pack up nice and light and satisfy a hungry partner-in-crime without having to deal with can openers and kibble scoops.
If you’re about to take a road trip, stop into your local Kriser’s Natural Pet to be outfitted. Check out the locations. Enjoy the time together, our fellow road warriors. Happy summer, from Kriser’s Natural Pet!