At Kriser’s, we sell what we think are the best types of foods for your pet. But whether you choose a raw diet or a more traditional kibble or can food, we recommend bolstering that food with select additional natural wellness supplements for a healthier life. Some of our favorites:
- Probiotics & Enzymes: We believe that every pet can benefit from a probiotic and enzyme supplement. These compounds work in the gut, helping to aid in digestion and helping your dog or cat better utilize the foods they are eating. Try NWC Naturals Total-Biotics, Animal Essentials Plant Enzymes & Probiotics, Ark Natural’s Gentle Digest, Primal Goat’s Milk or The Honest Kitchen Pro-Bloom Instant Goat’s Milk to help out your furry friend.
- Oils: Like humans, pets can’t produce all the Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that they require, so we love oil supplements that contain these Omega 3 fatty acids, like fish oil and hemp oil, helping out nearly every bodily system. They assist in everything from helping to maintain a healthy cholesterol level to helping with brain development in young pets to improving dry, dull coats and flaky skin. Check out Nordic Naturals Omega 3 for Pets. We also love coconut oil, like the one from K9 Granola, which both helps omegas work better and contributes to skin and coat health too.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin: These two compounds work together to help strengthen and protect bones and joints, preventing the osteoarthritis that affects millions of cats and dogs. You will often see these products in both food and treats, but we really recommend a supplement for a truly therapeutic dose. Check out Super Snouts Joint Power, which is one of our favorite Kriser’s Approved Brands.
- Multivitamin: Pets need vital vitamins and minerals just like their human counterparts. Visit a local Kriser’s store and ask a Pack Member which vitamin is best for the type of food you’re feeding your pet. A couple all-around great ones are PetKelp Wellness and Dr. Harvey’s Multivitamin.
- Dental: Your pet can’t brush his/her own teeth, so help keep those teeth and gums healthy with treatments and chews. Check out ProDen Plaque-Off or PetzLife Oral Care Spray for dogs or cats, or treat your dog to a Whimzees dental chew.
Of course, the Kriser’s Pack is happy to help you understand what’s best for your furry friend. Bring in your dog or cat for a consultation…we’re excited to meet you both!