It's National Puppy Day!
In case you haven’t seen it all over social media yet, today is #NationalPuppyDay!
National Puppy Day is not only a day dedicated specifically to showering your puppy with love and attention (wait, isn’t that every day?!), but it’s also a day dedicated to adoption, saving puppies lives, and educating people about the real-life horrors of puppy mills.
This educational and adorable holiday was started in 2006 by Celebrity Pet & Home Lifestyle Expert and Author, Colleen Paige. Paige also founded National Dog Day and National Cat Day.
Here at Kriser’s, we put together a list of ways to help you and your pup celebrate National Puppy Day!
Ways To Celebrate & Spoil Your Puppy:
- Share the love today and donate to your favorite shelter or rescue organization. Shelters and rescues are ALWAYS in need of food, toys, blankets, dog/cat beds, and of course, money.
- Volunteer at your local shelter or rescue for the day. There are always things that need to be done – from laundry and cleaning cages to walking and bathing dogs, your help would be very welcomed!
- Buy your puppy a new toy or two! Take today to throw out or clean any old, dirty toys and replace with new, clean ones.
- Spoil your puppy with a new, cushy dog bed!
- Have you hired a trainer or signed your puppy up for obedience classes yet? If not, take today to do that. Your puppy will love becoming confident, well trained and well socialized!
- Take your puppy on a walk, hike, or nice long drive. Getting outside is great for your and your puppy’s health, plus you get some quality time together!
- Have a puppy photoshoot! Use your smartphone to take some awesome selfies or go all out and hire a photographer to capture the love between you and your pup!
- Give your puppy a spa day! Take them in for a grooming or spa treatment. Start with a nail trim and brush out or go for the full groom package – either way, you AND your pup will feel better afterwards!
- Take your puppy to your local dog park or doggie day care. A day meeting and making new friends is a great way to show your puppy how much you love them!
- Share some educational information with your friends, family and social networks about why adopting animals is so important. The more people know, the more likely they are to choose adoption over purchasing from a breeder or pet store!
Any way you choose to celebrate today, we want to see it! Head over to our Facebook page to post a picture of your puppy and tag us on Instagram, too! Follow @KrisersPets and use #KrisersPets to show us your adorable fur babies!